Southwest Charter School is a K-8 school which offers a different educational experience, encouraging exploration of the natural world and involvement in the local community through the arts and sciences.
- A dedication to a small school size â€“ Our maximum size will be approximately 200 students.
- A commitment to small class sizes â€“ Our goal is to keep classes around 22-24 students per class.
- Place-based learning â€“ We involve the social and natural community in our studentsâ€™ learning to help them develop a connectedness to their community.
- Science, art and civics â€“ These are the three lenses that guide our exploration of the community and world around us.
- Equity â€“ We are dedicated to being a community that welcomes learners from diverse backgrounds.
- Assessment â€“ We assess studentsâ€™ accomplishments in a variety of ways to guide their learning.
- Parent involvement â€“ We rely on and desire parents to be involved in many aspects of our school community.